확진자 7000명 넘었다..20일새 최다 기록 6번 경신

정재훈 교수 "단순히 기다린다고 상황 안좋아져..더 강력한 정책 필요"

노보림 기자 | 기사입력 2021/12/08 [09:38]


▲ 국내 코로나19 신규 확진자 수가 역대 최다를 기록한 7일 오후 경기도 수원시 팔달구 보건소에 마련된 코로나19 임시선별검사소에서 의료진이 검체 채취 키트를 정리하고 있다. 2021.12.07.  © 뉴시스


브레이크뉴스 노보림 기자= 지난 11월 코로나19 단계적 일상회복 시작 이후 신규 확진자 증가 속도가 우려를 낳을 정도로 빠르다. 20일 새 확진자 최다 기록이 벌써 6번이나 경신되며 7000명대를 넘어섰다.

 

중앙방역대책본부에 따르면 8일 0시 기준 신규 확진자는 7175명으로 집계됐다. 재원 중인 위중증 환자 수는 840명이다. 

 

김부겸 국무총리도 이날 오전 경기도청에서 열린 중앙재난안전대책본부(중대본) 회의에서 "지난주 하루 확진자가 5000명을 넘어섰고 오늘은 7000명을 돌파하는 등 확산세가 매섭다"라고 밝혔다.  

 

단계적 일상회복이 시작된 11월 1일 이후 신규 확진자 최다 규모는 총 6번이나 경신됐다. 

 

11월 이전까진 9월25일 3268명이 최다였다. 

 

하지만 11월18일 3292명을 기록하더니 같은달 24일 4115명, 12월 1일 5122명에 이어 12월 8일 7000명대까지 올라왔다.

 

이에 정부는 어렵게 시작한 일상회복을 다시 중단할 순 없다면서 방역패스 확대, 사적모임 인원 축소, 감염취약시설 접촉 차단, 긴급 병상 확보 등 비상계획을 발동했다. 하지만 전문가들은 이러한 정책의 효과가 나타나려면 보다 시간이 필요할 뿐 아니라, 급한 불만 끄는 미봉책에 불과하다고 강조했다. 

 

정재훈 가천대학교 예방의학과 교수는 뉴시스와의 인터뷰에서 "6일부터 확산 속도를 줄이는 정책을 시행해서 본격적인 영향은 다음 주부터 나올 것"이라면서도 "현재 상황을 추가적으로 나빠지게 하는 건 막을 수 있겠지만 지금보다 더 좋아지는 상황을 기대하기는 어렵다"라고 말했다.

 

정재훈 교수는 특히 확진자가 급증하는 현재의 유행 상황을 고려해 추가적인 방역 조치가 즉각 시행돼야 한다고 주장했다. 그는 "지금은 단순히 기다린다고 상황이 좋아지지 않는다. 브레이크를 걸지 않으면 위험한 상황"이라며 "다중시설 영업시간 제한, 사적 모임 인원 제한 강화 등 좀 더 강력한 수준의 정책이 필요하다"라고 지적했다.

 

There are more than 7,000 confirmed patients.He broke the record 6 times in 20 days.

 

Since the start of the phase-by-phase recovery of COVID-19 in November, the rate of increase in new confirmed cases has been so fast that it raises concerns. On the 20th, the record for the most confirmed cases has already been broken six times, exceeding the 7,000 mark.

 

Prime Minister Kim Bu-gyeom said at a meeting of the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasure Headquarters held at the Gyeonggi Provincial Government on the morning of the 8th, "The spread is fierce, with the number of confirmed cases exceeding 5,000 last week and exceeding 7,000 today."

 

Since November 1, when the phased recovery began, the largest number of new confirmed cases has been renewed six times. 

 

Before November, 3,268 people were the largest on September 25. 

 

However, it recorded 3,292 people on November 18, followed by 4,115 on the 24th of the same month, 5,122 on December 1, and 7,000 on December 8.

 

Experts say the government has launched emergency plans such as expanding quarantine passes, reducing the number of private gatherings, blocking contact with vulnerable facilities, and securing emergency beds, but it still needs more time to see the effect.

 

In an interview with Newsis, Jeong Jae-hoon, a professor of preventive medicine at Gachon University, said, "From the 6th, the full-fledged impact will come out next week by implementing a policy to reduce the spread," adding, "We can prevent the current situation from getting worse, but it is hard to expect a better than now."

 

Professor Jeong Jae-hoon argued that additional quarantine measures should be implemented immediately, especially in consideration of the current epidemic in which the number of confirmed cases is rapidly increasing. He said, "Now simply waiting doesn't improve the situation. It is a dangerous situation if we don't put on brakes, he said. "We need a stronger level of policies such as limiting the hours of business in multi-facilities and strengthening the number of private gatherings.

기사제보 및 보도자료 119@breaknews.com
ⓒ 한국언론의 세대교체 브레이크뉴스 / 무단전재 및 재배포금지
 
  • 도배방지 이미지

광고
광고



광고